If you need registration information prior to September 1st, please feel free to email Mr. Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are planning for a regular start up to school year, but we are not expecting any official information from the Provincial Health Officer until late in August. We hope you have a safe and relaxing summer. We look forward to working with you in the fall.
Students attending today received their report cards. Students attending tomorrow will receive the report cards tomorrow. If your children are not attending school we will have a report card pick up in front of the school on Thursday, June 25th, from 10:00am until 1:00pm. We are planning to mail out any report cards that are not picked up. We hope you have a wonderful summer. We are hopeful that we will have a regular start up in the fall. Please find attached our yearend newsletter.
Good day Parents,
We have planned our Welcome to Kindergarten (WTK) event for Monday, June 15th and on Monday, June 22, 2020 (between 9:30am and 2:00pm). We have WTK bags for all of our upcoming Kindergarten students. In the bag you will find a variety of activities to do with your child to help prepare them for the start of Kindergarten. In the bags there are magnetic letters, craft supplies, and books. There is also a guide with ideas of what you can do with your child to help prepare them for a successful start to their educational journey.
The WTK bags are labelled with each student’s name and will be sitting in boxes outside the front of the school. Our Kindergarten teachers have designed a picture opportunity for your child. You can take their photo in front of the school if you choose to do so. We ask that you keep your child’s WTK bag for them to bring with them in September as it will be used as their library bag for the year.
I’ve attached some resources that have activities which could be incorporated into virtual sessions or put in paper packages. These are designed to support both current and incoming Kindergarten families with learning at home. Please share these resources with your WTK team.
· Welcome to Kindergarten – B.C. Curriculum Connections document with play-based activities in the areas of literacy, mathematics, music and movement, sensory and creative exploration. Each activity has a built in Family Connection idea, and many use the resources included in the Welcome to Kindergarten bag
· New Welcome to Kindergarten Family Cookbook – recipes, book list, healthy eating ideas
· Learning Through Play videos – A series of videos that explain the Welcome to Kindergarten orientation session.
· Welcome to Kindergarten Family Calendar 2019-20 – Filled with literacy and numeracy activities for families to do together.
· Welcome to Kindergarten App – Our free iPad and Android app for our youngest learners.
· Welcome to Kindergarten Music – downloadable songs, lyrics and activities
Please find links the links below fro helpful resources for you to use with your pre-school aged children:
Ready Set Learn
The Ministry is aware that many RSL events planned for after Spring Break have been impacted and they are still in the review stages for the reporting requirements. I will send you an email once I know what your school needs to send to me.
Here are a couple Ministry resources to share with parents if you haven’t been able to put on an event yet this year.
Let’s Play Activities – Available in English and French
Teachers will be contacting families that have signed up to return to school for in class instruction part time in the month of June. Online learning will continue to be provided for students at a reduced amount. If you do not hear from you child(ren)’s teacher by Thursday afternoon please inquire at the school.